There’s almost no food we like better than Mexican, and these chicken enchiladas with a green chili sauce taste like something we would get south of the border.
It is flavorful with a slight bite which left us feeling like we had accomplished our ongoing goal of preparing satisfyingly delicious food at home.
To make this even yummier we top it off with his dads salsa family recipe!
1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped fine or
12 ounces of shredded chicken ( I usually get the canned kind from Sam’s Club, but when I’m feeling really adventures I’ll get fresh chicken from the deli.)
2 (8-ounce) cans of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (found in almost any grocery store)
2-3/4 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
1 can of chopped black olives
1/3 cup jarred pickled jalapeños, chopped
10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Place a single tortilla in saucepan, continue to flip (definitely recommend using tongs here) until tortilla is a lil crispy and floppy.
3. Take tortilla and coat each side with the Green Chile Enchilada Sauce.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Fill tortilla with the rest of the ingredients, roll and place in Pyrex dish.
6. Continue until you’ve reached your desired amount of enchiladas.
7. Pour the remaining Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, cheese and olives into an even layer, so that is coats the top of each enchilada (If I have left over chicken I add that on top as well)
8. Bake the enchiladas on the center rack for about 20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.